" />

Fraternal Order of PoliceOhio Valley Lodge 112Cincinnati, Ohio


Frequently Asked Questions.......


  1. How do I join the Ohio Valley Lodge 112 of the Fraternal Order of Police?

    You must be a full time, part time, or honorably retired law enforcement officer. You must submit a Membership Application, and a Death Beneficiary/Member Update Form, along with a check or money order in the amount of $71.00 for your first year dues, plus an administrative processing fee of $6.00 (total of $77.00).

  2. What geographical area do you serve?

    We serve police officers, active and retired, from all agencies east of Reading Road in Hamilton County (outside the corporate limits of the City of Cincinnati), all of Clermont County, as well as western Brown County.

  3. I have been suspended or expelled for non-payment of dues. What should I do?

    If you're less that one year behind in paying your dues, you have been suspended. You must submit a new Application, and Death Beneciary form, and pay your yearly dues in full, in the amount of $70.00, plus a $10.00 late fee. ($80.00)


    If you're more than a year behind in your dues payment, you have been expelled. You must submit a new Application, and Death Beneciary form, along with your check in the amount of $70.00, plus a $6.00 processing fee. ($76.00) The General Membership will be required to vote you back into the Lodge before your affiliation is finalized.

  4. I have been suspended for non-payment of an Ohio State F.O.P. mandated Assessment. What do I need to do to be reinstated?

    You must submit a new Application, and Death Beneciary form, and pay the Assessment in full, along with a $10 Administrative Reinstatement fee.

  5. Do you have an Associate FOP Lodge, and what criteria do I need to meet to join?

    Yes. To apply for membership with the Ohio Valley FOPA #85, you could be a family member of a law enforcement officer, business or professional person, or any upstanding and honorable citizen of the United States, wishing to support law enforcement officers and their community efforts. Click on FOPA #85's page above.

Back to top

Legal Council

  1. What law firm is the preferred legal council for Lodge 112 members, and are members given a reduced hourly rate for representation?

    The preffered legal council for Lodge 112 members is Hardin, Lazarus Lewis & Marks LLC (513) 721-7300. Members are solely responsible for any and all expenses related to legal matters, at a reduced "preferred hourly rate". When contacting the firm, make certain to advise them that you are a member of Ohio Valley F.O.P. Lodge 112. Your membership status will be verified by the firm.

Back to top

Special Event Rental

  1. Can I reserve your facilities for a special event gathering?

    Yes, our building and facilities are available for rent, for your birthday parties, anniversary parties, wedding and baby showers, family gatherings, and group/corporate meetings. All rentals are on a first come-first served basis, depending on prior availability. For further rental information contact the Secretary.

Back to top

FOP Merchandise

  1. How can I purchase FOP merchandise?

    Auto emblems are available for purchase through the Lodge Secretary. Various sizes are now available, ranging in price from $5.50 to $6.50 each. This price includes the per item cost, plus S&H, which is added to each order by the supplier.


    Cash and check payments only, we cannot take credit card payments.


    Various special order items are available for order through the Secretary, also. If you see an item you would like to order, but you are not an Executive Board member, contact the Secretary for assistance, as each order is verified by the supplier prior to shipment.


    Select items may be purchased by members, directly from the Grand Lodge web site. www.fop.net You will need to supply your credit card information to the supplier.

Back to top

Political Action Committee Endorsements

  1. I am a candidate for election to a local political office. How do I earn an endorsed by the F.O.P.?

    PAC Endorsement interviews are held in August of each election year. You must submit a letter requesting an interview for endorsement, prior to the end of July.

     Your letter MUST include your name, address, home telephone, office telephone, and cellular telephone numbers. Also, if you have a fax number, it would be helpful to include it.

    You will be notified via U.S. Mail of your scheduled interview date and time.

    No verbal requests will be considered for endorsement.

    The PAC committee will make their recommendation to the General membership at the regular meeting in August. The General membership will vote to endorse, or not endorse. You will be notified via U.S. Mail of the results.

    If endorsed, you will have the authority to use the F.O.P. logo, and the phrase "Endorsed by Ohio Valley Lodge 112, Fraternal Order of Police" on your campaign literature. This phrase MUST be printed on your literature.

Back to top
Still have questions? Feel free to Contact Us